The team at Strawbridge Animal Care is focused on prolonging your senior pet’s life. We want to put together a proper nutrition, wellness, and pain management plan that will keep your cat feeling wonderful during their golden years. Today, we have ten important tips that will prolong and enhance your senior cat’s life. You can also learn more about our senior care options by clicking here.
1. Schedule veterinarian checkups at least twice a year. The older your senior cat, the more important it is to maintain good health.
2. Be more informed and aware of your senior cat’s condition. Observe your cat on a regular basis to stay on top of any potential symptoms of diseases.
3. To ease digestion, consider feeding your cat several meals a day instead, of one large serving.
4. Avoid overfeeding – obesity can lead to numerous health problems and may shorten your cat’s life.
5. Keep your cat on a regular exercise routine to help preserve muscle tone and to keep bones and joints strong.
6. Don’t overlook your cat’s dental health. Have your cat’s teeth cleaned by your veterinarian when advised, and brush them at home on a regular basis.
7. Have your veterinarian perform regular vaccinations.
8. Keep your senior cat’s bed and surrounding area clean, and always remain proactive in controlling fleas.
9. Because senior cats are prone to inactivity, inspect your cat’s nails on a regular basis and trim them when necessary.
10. Don’t forget to give your cat plenty of love and attention – the keys to a healthier and more fulfilling life for your senior cat!